Welcome to South African Development Studies Association
There are four things that we definitely know “about us”:
- We are academics and teachers of Development Studies who initially met in 2010 at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) and who decided to create a platform to debate and spearhead the formation of a subject association. In September 2011, 60 of us met at Unisa and founded this Association.
- We want to link all academics working in Development Studies in universities throughout South Africa.
- The Association is a work in progress; we are relying on academics and teachers to work together with us in the formation of this Association.
- We had successful conferences in 2011, 2013 and 2015.
- The next SADSA conference will take place in 2017.