- Ordinary membership is open to all South African residents in possession of postgraduate qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Associate membership for non-residents of South Africa as well as those individuals, institutions, organizations, societies and associations who apply for and who are granted associate membership by Council.
- Student membership for bona fide students at institutions of higher learning.
- Institutional membership. Educational and other institutions, organizations, corporations and associations may be granted institutional membership on application and approval by Council.
Our membership gives you access to (but not limited to):
- Seminars and exclusive forums
- Development studies materials
The SADSA membership is R500 per annum
Student membership is R150 per annum
All other membership is R300 per annum
Payment of membership must be deposited in the bank account indicated below. Please indicate the method you will be using:
By cheque payable to South African Development Studies Association
By cash deposit or electronic transfer (already paid)
Please use the following bank account to pay your membership fee:
- Name of bank: First National Bank (FNB)
- Account no.: 63023914492
- Account type: Gold Business Account
- Branch name: Pretorius Street
- Branch code: 250345
- Swift code: FIRNZAJJ
- Reference: Please ensure you include your name (Surname, Initials) in the payment reference – not just SADSA membership – we cannot identify you otherwise!. For those whose membership fees will be paid on their behalf, kindly inform the person or department making the payment to use your Surname and Initials on the reference of the payment.
Please upload your Proof of Payment to complete your application, thereafter send your Proof of Payment via email to the Treasurer, Mr Mbele, email@example.com, to be issued a receipt.